CREST defines one of its key program areas is "Sharing Expertise and Providing Leadership." Tourism is
one of the largest industries in the world, and choices made by destinations, companies, and traveling
individuals impact our world’s people, environment, and economies. Responsible tourism policies and
practices are becoming more prevalent, but there is more progress to be made. CREST makes itself
available to help spread positive impacts of tourism in the following ways:
- Organizing and/or presenting at tourism conferences
- Hosting workshops and webinars
- Coordinating and hosting educational Charter Club trips
- Speaking on responsible tourism-related topics to community groups, government agencies, organizations, and academia
If you would like to work with CREST to coordinate an event or invite a staff member to participate in
an event, please contact us at
- August 31, 2pm: The Global Foundation for Democracy and Development (GFDD) and its sister organization Fundación Global Democracia y Desarollo (Funglode) will host a panel discussion on the importance of sustainable tourism for the development of the Dominican Republic, as part of the official launch of the GFDD/Funglode publication entitled “Challenges for Sustainable Growth through Tourism in the Dominican Republic” by GFDD Fellow, Ms. Emma Fawcett. In addition to the author, several policy experts the from the NGO community, including CREST"s Martha Honey, and the Dominican board of tourism will also be present to contribute to the discussion.
For more information, contact Marc Jourdan at firstname.lastname@example.org.